Wednesday, November 12, 2014

First time, long time

So it has been a long time since I posted anything here. I have been doing stuff these last few years. Still in Tallahassee. No longer in school. Got a Bachelor's Degree from Florida State University in Studio Art. So much art has been made in that time. So much of it was shit. However, there were a few things that were not shit. This post will start off a series of posts of those not-shit things. And on top of that, I was able to go out to the park today, and properly shoot these non-shit things with a DSLR so that I can be happy with sharing these things, and that people can tell me what's wrong with them without me not being sure whether or not to trust the opinion due to picture quality. So criticize away!

 The first photos I want to share, are not from these past two years oddly enough. However, I did rediscover them these last few years amongst all the stuff I have still packed up from moving up here from Ft. Lauderdale. These two drawings are from high school. It was the first time I was ever able to draw someone from life in a classroom setting (non-nude of course). We were supposed to be doing contour drawings I think, and I remember having a really good time with them. I was in 11th grade I believe, so this must have been late 2004 or early 2005.


I remember this guy from my class. He was a dick head. I remember one time I said something to him so he decided to grab the pressure points behind my neck (I guess he was joking?).  Either way, total asshole, but I got a good drawing out of him. I think his name was Alex Jackson.

This guy I don't remember too much about. Other than I got another good drawing out of it.

Go Paladins.

-Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment