Sunday, November 16, 2014

Shrine of the Martyrs of La Florida

So today I got to check out this really cool abandoned mansion off of Mahan Drive. It goes along a mission trail that stretches all around the panhandle. The reason is because I am submitting a holiday card design for the Martyrs of La Florida nonprofit who overlook this house.

I brought my camera to take some reference photos, and just because it's not everyday you get to check out an empty mansion. Keep in mind I do not claim to be a photographer so quality of pictures vary.

 This is the back of the house.

Also around the back, facing almost directly behind the above picture.

This patio area is also on the back of the house leading out to the above pictures. Lots of pictures of the back for some reason.

One of the rooms inside the house. It was pretty overcast but the sun managed to shine in a little bit.

I just really liked the texture on this wallpaper. This is the kind of stuff you just can't make up.

Anyway, it was a really neat place. I might try to see if I can go back just to do some oil pastels or something.

-Jason




No comments:

Post a Comment